打印

美国民俗学会执行理事长蒋岚致贺信祝贺大会圆满成功

美国民俗学会执行理事长蒋岚致贺信祝贺大会圆满成功

美国民俗学会执行理事长蒋岚致贺信祝贺大会圆满成功

November 24, 2018

Dr. Chao Gejin
President, China Folklore Society

Dear President Chao Gejin and Members of the China Folklore Society:

I am writing to convey the greetings of the American Folklore Society—including myself and its President, Dr. Dorothy Noyes of The Ohio State University, and members of our Executive Board—to you and to all who will be attending your conference.

The American Folklore Society, founded in 1888, is the US-based learned society for the field of folklore studies. Since 2007, AFS has collaborated with the China Folklore Society on several activities designed to build better and more active networks between folklorists and folklore-studies institutions in our two countries.  We have enjoyed a strong relationship with President Chao and with many institutions in China who we have been pleased to work with or to invite to our meetings in the US.  

As the previous Director of AFS, Dr. Timothy Lloyd, has recently retired and I am transitioning in as the new director, I especially want to convey my enthusiasm and support for the work of our folklore colleagues in China.  I am quite familiar with China and the work of folklorists in your great nation because my own dissertation research was in China (in Guangxi), and I am eager to build upon relationships with many of you that developed during that time.  

Best wishes during your day of plenaries and elections. I cannot join you for today’s meetings, but I will arrive this evening and will be attending the remainder of the meeting, so please say hello.  

The American Folklore Society congratulates you and your colleagues on the conception and production of this important event, and we look forward to hearing about the conference’s proceedings, discussions, and outcomes. AFS is grateful to Professor Chao Gejin for his exemplary service and advocacy to your field and internationally, and we at the American Folklore Society look forward to continuing this very productive partnership in the future.

Thank you for the opportunity to make these welcoming comments.

Sincerely,

Dr. Jessica Anderson Turner   蒋岚 教授
Executive Director  执行理事长
American Folklore Society   美国民俗学会
附件: 您所在的用户组无法下载或查看附件
中国民俗学网志愿者工作团队诚邀您的加盟:CFNgroup@qq.com;欢迎关注“中国民俗学论坛”微信公众号,可通过查找“中国民俗学论坛”或“folklore-forum”添加
微信公众号投稿邮箱:folklore_forum@126.com

2018年11月24日

朝戈金博士
中国民俗学会会长
尊敬的朝戈金会长以及中国民俗学会同仁:

受美国民俗学会会长、俄亥俄州立大学多萝西·诺耶斯教授委托,我谨代表美国民俗学会及其执行委员会,向朝戈金会长及出席本次中国民俗学年会的各位代表致以最诚挚的问候。

美国民俗学会创立于1888年,是美国民俗学领域的一个学术团体。2007年起,美国民俗学会与中国民俗学会共同举办了数次学术活动,积极推动了两国民俗学者及民俗学研究机构之间的互动交流。我们与朝戈金会长的合作十分愉快。与此同时,我们也非常欣喜,能够与更多中国学术机构建立广泛的学术联系。

前任执行理事长蒂莫西·罗伊德博士荣休后,我于近期开始担任执行理事长一职。很多年以前,我曾在广西做田野工作,写作博士论文。因此,我比较熟悉中国民俗学者的研究及工作,也与很多中国同行建立了个人联系。作为新任执行理事长,我将尽全力地支持中美民俗学会之间的合作,促进中国民俗学者之间的学术交流。

由于行程原因,我不能出席今天的代表大会,甚感遗憾。我将于今晚抵穗,出席年会其他活动。在此,我预祝代表大会取得圆满成功。

年会对学科而言是重要且富有意义的学术活动。美国民俗学会赞赏朝戈金会长及其同仁召开年会的决定,同时也希望能了解更多有关分组讨论、议程设定、成果发布等方面的信息。预祝年会期间的各项任务圆满完成。

美国民俗学会感谢朝戈金教授长期以来的支持。他的领导力、奉献精神具有典范性的意义,他关于学科发展的创新性思路,更是让民俗学科走向了世界。美国民俗学会期待在未来延续与中国民俗学会之间富有成效的伙伴关系。

谢谢。

美国民俗学会执行理事长
  蒋岚教授
  Dr.Jessica Anderson Turner

(翻译:朱刚)

中国民俗学网志愿者工作团队诚邀您的加盟:CFNgroup@qq.com;欢迎关注“中国民俗学论坛”微信公众号,可通过查找“中国民俗学论坛”或“folklore-forum”添加
微信公众号投稿邮箱:folklore_forum@126.com