美国国家大气研究中心研究科学家

主持人:蒋耒文

亚洲人口研究中心主任;美国国家大气研究中心研究科学家

主办单位:上海大学亚洲人口研究中心暨人口研究所

合办单位:上海研究院城市社会治理研究中心

讲座时间:2016年6月29日星期三, 11:00-12:00

讲座地点:上海大学延长校区北大楼207

讲座简介:

Forest is one of the most important ecosystem types that store carbon, mitigate climate, and provide critical ecosystem services. Anthropogenic impacts on forest dynamics are increasingly seen in recent decades, and the incorporation of human population processes into forest dynamics modelling is therefore desirable for improving next generation Earth system models. In the current talk, I first review my work on forest ecology and forest dynamics. Then I present ideas on developing a research program that investigates forest changes under human population growth and migrations. In particular, we are interested in how human population migration may affect the regrowth of secondary forests in China over the past several decades.

森林是一个非常重要的生态系统类型,它储存碳,调节气候,并为大自然提供重要的生态系统服务。在最近的几十年中,人类行为对森林的影响越来越大,因此我们在森林动态模型中纳入了人口进程,以改善下一代地球系统模型。我将在讲座中向大家介绍目前森林的生态动态情况,之后向大家介绍目前我所做的在人口增长和迁移下研究森林变化的项目,同时向大家展示人类迁移是如何影响中国过去几十年中次生林的再生长的。

主讲人简介:

Expertise ecosystem feedbacks, climate and terrestrial ecosystem carbon cycles; Dr. Chen is an ecologist working on a variety of topics in ecology and climate change, in particular ecosystem feedbacks to climate change. He uses a variety of data sources (forest survey, remote sensing, climate data, field data) and tools (statistical analysis, ecosystem modelling) to study the interactions between climate and terrestrial ecosystem carbon cycles from local to global scales. His research also aims to understand the impacts of climate change on human health, and evolutionary dynamics of ecological communities. Dr. Chen received a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences from Peking University (2000) and a PhD in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from Princeton University (2009).