打印

美国民俗学会开展“Why I'm a Folklorist”记录活动

美国民俗学会开展“Why I'm a Folklorist”记录活动

“Why I'm a Folklorist(我为什么是一名民俗学者)”是AFS(美国民俗学会)会长凯·特纳发起的一个拍摄项目。在2016年AFS理事会议晚宴上,凯突发奇想拿出手机,开始问旁边的人:“你为什么是一名民俗学者?用两分钟时间告诉我。”AFS随后为这一项目又进行了多次正式拍摄,共计录制了60多场短时访谈。
  来自我们学科的同行——研究生,新入职教师,终身教授,公共民俗学者,兼职人员及其他活跃人士都参与了这个项目。凯说:“他们的口才、情感和各种各样的主张都是杰出的。所有采访都在几分钟之内,但观众还是能从这短短这几分钟中真正了解到人们为什么加入我们的行列。这个项目在某种程度上也实现了学会及其理事会的目标——将民俗学带向更广阔的世界。”
  截至2017年11月,这些采访中有34个已经公开,其他的也将在不久后发布。目前公开的视频包括2016年秋季和2017年春季在北卡罗来纳州教堂山、印第安纳州布卢明顿举办的民俗学活动中录制的采访。AFS 2017年年会上拍摄的“Why I'm a Folklorist”视频和2017年春天在布卢明顿录制的其他采访都正在后期制作中。观看所有已发布的“Why I'm a Folklorist”采访,请访问美国民俗学会Youtube频道中的“Why I'm a Folklorist”播放列表。
  如果你想为这个项目讲述自己的故事,或想主持一个“Why I'm a Folklorist”的拍摄活动,请联系凯·特纳或美国民俗学会(americanfolkloresociety@gmail.com )。

"Why I'm a Folklorist"is a film project initiated by AFS President Kay Turner.In a spontaneous moment at an AFS board meeting dinner in 2016,Kay took out her iPhone and began asking those seated nearby"Why are you a folklorist?You've got two minutes to tell me."More formal filming events followed,resulting in more than sixty short interviews being filmed for the project.
  Colleagues from across our discipline–grad students,newly minted and long-tenured professors,public folklorists,adjuncts and activists–have participated.Kay says,"The eloquence,emotion,and sheer variety of claims made is outstanding.None of the interviews lasts more than a few minutes,but in those brief moments with folklorists,the viewer gains a real sense of why people join our field.In part,this project fulfills the Society's request and the Board's goal to bring folklore to a wider world."
  As of November 2017,thirty-four of these interviews are available to the public,and more are scheduled to be released soon.The videos currently available include interviews that were shot during fall 2016 and spring 2017 at folklore events in Chapel Hill,NC and Bloomington,IN.The"Why I'm a Folklorist"interviews recorded at the 2017 AFS Annual Meeting in Minneapolis,as well as more of the interviews that were filmed in Bloomington in the spring of 2017,are currently in post-production.To view all of the"Why I'm a Folklorist"interviews published so far,please visit the"Why I'm a Folklorist"playlist on the American Folklore Society Youtube channel.
  If you would like to tell your own story for this project,or if you would like to host a"Why I'm a Folklorist"filming event,please contact Kay Turner or the American Folklore Society(americanfolkloresociety@gmail.com).

来源:中国民俗学网(作者:AFS;译者:CNF)
链接:http://www.chinesefolklore.org.cn/web/index.php?NewsID=17201
附件: 您所在的用户组无法下载或查看附件
QQ:怀克特;微信:huaikete